"It’s salty enough to use in place of table salt, though it’s substantially lower in sodium."
Your healthy salt alternative
- Green Salt is a low-sodium salt substitute that's better for your heart health.
- Made from 100% dehydrated Sea Asparagus.
What is Green Salt?
Green Salt is a plant-based salt with 50% less sodium than salt.
Much more than just salt
- Delicious Salty and Umami flavor. In taste tests, equal portions of salt and Green Salt had the same saltiness. It also adds umami to make your food more savory.
- Contains Chlorophyll, Vitamin B3, Potassium, and Magnesium. Green Salt's minerals and vitamins help blood pressure control and normal function of our immune and nervous systems.
Made from 100% Dehydrated Salicornia
- Salicornia or Sea Asparagus is a vegetable that grows by the sea. It has a salty taste and succulent texture.
- Salicornia's salty taste comes from its diverse mineral content.
- It's a nutrient-rich superfood with demonstrated antioxidant and antihypertensive properties. Read more
Grown organically and sustainably
- On our farm in Baja California, we're the first commercial producers of Salicornia in the world.
- Salicornia grows with filtered sea water, which saves millions of liters of fresh water a year when compared to conventional crops.
Protect your heart health
- Salicornia has shown protective effects against high blood pressure in scientific studies.
- It's also demonstrated antioxidant and antidiabetic properties.
"Love the green color and love that it's healthier for me! The umami flavor complements many dishes well. Can’t wait to replace my cooking salt with green salt!"
"Got to try this out today on some eggs as well as yesterday on a salad - it's so good. I really enjoy the earthy / herbaceous notes!"
"Tastes like salt and I actually like it more than regular salt!"
"Green Salt is the perfect option for people looking to reduce sodium intake and look out for their cardiovascular health"
Are there ingredients other than Salicornia in Green Salt?
Green Salt is 100% dehydrated organic Salicornia. No preservatives, no additives.
What's the shelf life of Green Salt?
3 years if kept in a cool, dry environment.
Can I bake with Green Salt?
Yes you can! But please note that it may add a slight green color to your pastries, cakes, or bread.
Green Salt is low in sodium, so can I use as much of it as I want?
Green Salt is low in sodium, but it still contains sodium. We recommend using Green Salt, just as you would normal salt. The FDA recommends limiting sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg a day. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for questions about sodium intake.
How do I know this is safe to eat?
Salicornia has been consumed for centuries across Europe and Asia. Today it's popular with top chefs who use it as a garnish. Studies have also found beneficial health properties in Salicornia. Read more
To ensure food safety, our sea water goes through an advanced filtration process. We routinely test our soil, product, and water for heavy metals and microorganisms.
Is there iodine in Green Salt?
Yes, 0.27mcg per 1.5g serving.
Does Green Salt contain MSG?
Green Salt has an umami flavor but does not contain MSG.
Why is high blood pressure dangerous?
Hypertension (High blood pressure) makes the heart work too hard, and the high force of the blood flow can harm arteries and organs (such as the heart, kidneys, brain, and eyes).
High blood pressure can raise the risk of heart attack, heart failure, stroke, kidney disease, and blindness. In addition, blood pressure generally rises as you get older, so limiting your sodium intake becomes even more important each year. (FDA.gov 2021)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website.
- Opens external website in a new window.